Black_background_logo_BitcoinWorld-removebg-preview
Latest News

Soccer Legend Pele NFT Collection to Launch via Ethernity Chain

Soccer Legend Pele NFT Collection to Launch via Ethernity Chain

A new collection of NFT trading cards will commemorate the Brazilian soccer legend Pele. Kingsletetr and Visual Lab will develop Pele’s NFT collection. However, digital trading cards have been around for a significant time now. It will be the first collection to feature digitally published Pelé trading cards. Moreover, they will be accessible on the Ethernity Chain NFT marketplace on May 2. Pele is well-known as the greatest soccer player of all time.

Pele is one of the most successful and famous sports personality globally. He received the Player of the Century award besides Diego Mardona at the turn of the century in 2000. The three-time FIFA World Cup winner’s distinguished career will be immortalized on the blockchain-based NFT platform Ethernity Chain on May 2, 2021. The statement described the cumbersome adoption from fans regarding physical vintage Pele soccer cards, some of which would inspire the upcoming digital NFTs. 

The Majority of Profits from NFTs will transfer to Pele Foundations

The first batch of the NFTs will come into existence on May 2. Ethernity Chain intends to follow up later in the year. One should note that the majority (90%) of the profit will go to the Pele Foundation. It is a charity organization that concentrates on empowering and educating kids battling poverty globally. Before revealing plans to develop 3D collectible trading cards after the career of one of the most famous soccer players of the 20th century, Ethernity Chain had already created a name for its self with various significant projects. 

Previous avenues involved NFTs for the artist BossLogic and the skateboarding legend Tony Hawk. The platform mainly concentrates on high-profile NFTs. They have a charity-based revenue-sharing structure. From each artwork acquisition, over 90% of the amount paid by buyers goes to charity. Out of the remaining 10%, 5% goes to Ethernity, and the other 5% goes towards marketplace and gas fees.

Furthermore, Pele isn’t the first popular soccer player to join the NFT bandwagon. FC Barcelona’s superstar Gerard Piqué became a Strategic Advisor at an NFT platform named Sorare just a few months after his team published the official Barca Fan Tokens. NFTs also joined other sports, including some of the most famous US leagues – NBA, MLB, and NFL.

Follow BitcoinWorld for the latest updates.

Crypto products and NFTs are unregulated and can be highly risky. There may be no regulatory recourse for any loss from such transactions. Crypto is not a legal tender and is subject to market risks. Readers are advised to seek expert advice and read offer document(s) along with related important literature on the subject carefully before making any kind of investment whatsoever. Crypto market predictions are speculative and any investment made shall be at the sole cost and risk of the readers.