Even without a payment gateway or crypto card, there are benefits to paying someone in cryptocurrency. The best of both worlds are blended in the experience when a payment system is used:
1. Virtually every nation accepts the use of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin (BTC). This prevents you from having to convert foreign payments into the local fiat currency.
2. Your transactions may be processed almost instantly, depending on the cryptocurrency payments service provider. Typically, this occurs when both of you make use of the same service. Even if your transaction doesn’t happen immediately, it can frequently be cheaper with fewer transaction costs and quicker than a bank account transfer.
3. To assist you with any technical problems, a cryptocurrency payment service will have a customer support team. When using a custodial crypto wallet to manually transfer money, this isn’t typically the case.
4. For many new users, using a cryptocurrency payments gateway is easier than creating and maintaining their own wallets.
Disadvantage Of Crypto Payments
Although the benefits are obvious, seasoned users may encounter several restrictions when sending payments with cryptocurrencies:
1. You have less control than if you created your own wallet. The traditional experience of having complete control of their cryptocurrency is preferred by many people. An intermediary is essentially added to the process by a payment gateway.
2. If you don’t use a stablecoin, cryptocurrency prices can fluctuate greatly. The payee may find it challenging to appropriately plan their budget as a result.
3. A lengthy registration process with KYC and AML checks may be required. Although they keep people safe, they require more work than making your own wallet.
4. To use the services offered by some payment networks, users must pay a fee.
5. The use of cryptocurrency as a payment method is still not very common.